Re: The Ryan Hardy Thread

tubenet wrote:

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12717431_913552528752750_2152756293156589884_n.jpg?oh=f264f8b7d1075b168769910f5ee4a53a&oe=57643BEE

In partnership with Todd Quigley. Probably mass produced out of the Taiwan factory, same one that produces QCD, Funkshen, Nomad,, No 6, and Found boards (amongst others).

i had boards from both factories, but the Indo factory produces better boards IMO.

But I am looking foward to see his own personal line anyway . Hope they make boards in the 42.5 range.

If U think fuck is funny, fuck yourself and save your money!

Another new board company coming out of the same factory...

I swear sometimes I feel like the bb industry as a whole is just a bad episode of the twilight zone. Hardy rips and should no doubt have his own boards but I just don't understand the logic. Why jump into an obviously over saturated market LITEARLLY producing the boards in the same factory as your competition?! Please someone explain this to me. Because I think positivity then hear people confirm 'yeah same factory as BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH oh and BLAH and all I think is 'Are you fucking serious?'

That said I hope it can last for Ryan and become something special like Hubbards (I wouldn't know for sure but it seems to be doing well) has been for Jeff and Dave. He is still without a doubt one of the best of all time imo and prob everyone else

^ I think the same thing. I get that guys like Hardy, Rawlins, The Hubbs, Tamega, etc want their own companies, but at the end of the day, they're pretty much the same materials. The bodyboarding industry is too small with so many companies getting a small slice of a tiny pie. But then again, Hardy is a big time player in the industry and is very popular in Australia so it has the potential to be successful.

tubenet wrote:

but at the end of the day, they're pretty much the same materials. .

yeah because every other sport has different materials from brand to brand.... like skateboards, surfboards, skimboards, wetsuits, snowboards etc etc

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/l/t31.0-8/12778891_914122938695709_2323436811213401979_o.jpg

rookiesusa.com

Dilliono wrote:

IWhy jump into an obviously over saturated market LITEARLLY producing the boards in the same factory as your competition?! Please someone explain this to me. Because I think positivity then hear people confirm 'yeah same factory as BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH oh and BLAH and all I think is 'Are you fucking serious?'

That said I hope it can last for Ryan and become something special like Hubbards (I wouldn't know for sure but it seems to be doing well) has been for Jeff and Dave. He is still without a doubt one of the best of all time imo and prob everyone else

I am no CPA, but I think it comes down to personal finances.  ALL those guys have towed the line nearly their entire careers for a larger corporation.  From what I gather, there is some instability in the bodyboard market and these guys might get cut at any time.  So they're probably thinking... start my own company, cut out the middle man, be my own boss, have a bit more tax security, and write my own check.  It's probably only a little more risky than their current path of going sponsor to sponsor, but the potential reward can be much larger.  At the end of the day though I doubt any of them are doing it for some altruistic reason to better the sport of bodyboarding, but rather looking out for personal finance.  If they can achieve both, killer. 

There's also the self-fulfillment factor of creating your own successful business.  I mean, all those guys are smart and have their heads on straight... Hubbs, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega, Stewart, etc.

http://spb.fotolog.com/photo/27/23/13/bodyboard/1236210060784_f.jpg

tubescape wrote:

I mean, all those guys are smart and have their heads on straight... Hubbs, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega, Stewart, etc.

Hubb, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega - Yes.  Dubb.....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jn5SeGncoaw/maxresdefault.jpg

http://contrastmagazine.com/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/dhub1.jpg

His head sure is on...maybe on a swivel though.  Sorry, but I just wouldn't use him as an example if you're using words like "smart."

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

44 (edited by jordanzs 02.23.16 14:37)

hugo wrote:
tubenet wrote:

but at the end of the day, they're pretty much the same materials. .

yeah because every other sport has different materials from brand to brand.... like skateboards, surfboards, skimboards, wetsuits, snowboards etc etc

The surfboard industry has been blowing with innovation for the last 10 years or so.   It's epic to see.   My boss was riding Eric Arakawa boards ever since I moved here (2003), but as soon as he stepped on a Tomo Vader, the rest of his boards collect dust.

Even though all the boards are made at the same place, I'd like to see each company push the frontier on design innovations.   Not seeing it like I used to.   Too many "me-too" boards.

Dilliono wrote:

I swear sometimes I feel like the bb industry as a whole is just a bad episode of the twilight zone. Hardy rips and should no doubt have his own boards but I just don't understand the logic. Why jump into an obviously over saturated market LITEARLLY producing the boards in the same factory as your competition?! Please someone explain this to me. Because I think positivity then hear people confirm 'yeah same factory as BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH oh and BLAH and all I think is 'Are you fucking serious?'

Ho brah why don't you just start your own manufacturing facility if you feel so strongly about it. I don't think you understand the fixed costs involved in manufacturing equipment and distribution channels needed to sustain a business like that.

Charlie "Man I was bangin' seven gram rocks and finishing em' because that's how I roll" Sheen

Joops wrote:
tubescape wrote:

I mean, all those guys are smart and have their heads on straight... Hubbs, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega, Stewart, etc.

Hubb, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega - Yes.  Dubb.....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jn5SeGncoaw/maxresdefault.jpg

http://contrastmagazine.com/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/dhub1.jpg

His head sure is on...maybe on a swivel though.  Sorry, but I just wouldn't use him as an example if you're using words like "smart."

Because his hair isn't tame he's dumb? Seems to be an intelligent person although quirky and not a cookie cunter.

Part sucka,part wimp,= simp.....all bad news my nigga.

His hair definitely doesn't indicate his intelligence, but as someone in the "business" I can definitely say he would be looked at a heck of a lot differently if he shaved that disgusting squirrel off his face (or at least tamed it up).  Also, I agree he's quirky, but he also definitely has a few interviews in videos where he seems either drunk, drugged up, or just naturally out of his mind...again, not exactly someone I'd trust doing business with. 

With that said, he's a magician on the boog (we can probably all agree).

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

http://cluster.bodyboarders.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Vintage-Bodyboarding-RYan-Hardy.jpg

Thanks Joops,  for putting us straight again.

barrel fiend wrote:
Dilliono wrote:

Ho brah why don't you just start your own manufacturing facility if you feel so strongly about it. I don't think you understand the fixed costs involved in manufacturing equipment and distribution channels needed to sustain a business like that.

You're absolutely right, I do not know the costs (manufacturing/distribution/facility) but I do know AUS closed down one of its longest lasting shop(s).

tubescape wrote:
Dilliono wrote:

IWhy jump into an obviously over saturated market LITEARLLY producing the boards in the same factory as your competition?! Please someone explain this to me. Because I think positivity then hear people confirm 'yeah same factory as BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH oh and BLAH and all I think is 'Are you fucking serious?'

I am no CPA, but I think it comes down to personal finances.  ALL those guys have towed the line nearly their entire careers for a larger corporation.  From what I gather, there is some instability in the bodyboard market and these guys might get cut at any time.  So they're probably thinking... start my own company, cut out the middle man, be my own boss, have a bit more tax security, and write my own check.  It's probably only a little more risky than their current path of going sponsor to sponsor, but the potential reward can be much larger.  At the end of the day though I doubt any of them are doing it for some altruistic reason to better the sport of bodyboarding, but rather looking out for personal finance.  If they can achieve both, killer. 

There's also the self-fulfillment factor of creating your own successful business.  I mean, all those guys are smart and have their heads on straight... Hubbs, Rawlins, Hardy, Tamega, Stewart, etc.

That makes sense Tube. Hardy has been on several different boards throughout the years so I guess I didn't really consider that at first. Owning his own company or brand and cutting out others salaries while securing his own. For the record I wasn't trying to be an asshole about it I just truly didn't understand.

Hardy is a god and can do whatever the fuck he wants

Jared Brown is a pussy

gimp

Erica Schneekloth wrote:

Hardy is a god and can do whatever the fuck he wants

The Hardy clips in this get me so hard

p-word?

Part sucka,part wimp,= simp.....all bad news my nigga.

Not sure why it did that, but here's Riptide's link
https://riptidemag.com.au/2016/04/15/th … es-psycho/

That otavio inny tho!!!! So mental

"water my ass, get this guy some pepto bismo!"

yes hardballs still owning it

So Hardy is doing a classic series and a modern series.
Classic series is his old Toobs/4play template and colour schemes from around 1999/2000. And the modern series is his current rides.

Ozoldboy wrote:

So Hardy is doing a classic series and a modern series.
Classic series is his old Toobs/4play template and colour schemes from around 1999/2000. And the modern series is his current rides.

That's rad and very smart!! Give me that Toobs yellow deck, blue bottom rail, and white slick template any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

DALLYSFL wrote:

That's rad and very smart!! Give me that Toobs yellow deck, blue bottom rail, and white slick template any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah that's the one I like. Looks sick.

The Hardy part is epic

damn that carve at 2:32

ron perlman

Charlie "Man I was bangin' seven gram rocks and finishing em' because that's how I roll" Sheen