Topic: Looking for a BZ Retro

Anyone have a BZ Retro model they are looking to sell?  It's my all time favorite shape, and would love to get another one.  Got one off Craigslist recently, but it's in need of some repair.

I know I could have shaper replicate the shape, but I like the deck skins that BZ used at the time as well...never had any current board on the market compare.

Thank you!

Re: Looking for a BZ Retro

I saw one on Craigslist OC a few weeks ago for $60.  I was chatting with the seller but passed on it.  They do surface from time to time.  What is your radius of grab-ability?

Thanks Jordan...I was the one who bought that one on Craigslist!

Orange County preferably!

4 (edited by jordanzs 07.18.17 15:55)

Oh cool, you bought the one that was light blue with yellow rails???   Ad said "excellent undamaged condition"

If so, then Stoked that it went to you.  I was wondering if it would show up on the VBC.

5 (edited by nickc 07.18.17 18:52)

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l452/NickC2008/IMG_8718.jpg

Yep, the top looked good.  But it's delaminating...

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l452/NickC2008/IMG_8720.jpg

ahhhh bummers.  It looked nice from the top anyways.

I'll keep a lookout.

No.6 has a similar board called The Brigadier.   I had a 43.25" version but that was too long so I sold it.  But like you said, different deck materials than the BZ retro though, and I'm not sure how comparable it rides.

Old wide prone boards rule!

Thanks Jordan!  Yep, love the wide nose prone boards...so much speed!

Hey Nick, are you following the froth in the VBC?   It will result in more companies jumping back into the realm of wide nose prone boards.  Hang tight, it will happen...

BZ just ripped off barbas shape when he left the team.

jordanzs wrote:

Hey Nick, are you following the froth in the VBC?   It will result in more companies jumping back into the realm of wide nose prone boards.  Hang tight, it will happen...

Yep, just jumped on there not too long ago! Good stuff!

11 (edited by dwa 07.22.17 22:36)

Retro was my favorite board. Made my board off the specs, but a 41.25, and a crecent. Barrel machine, but like driving a fucking bus. Totally agree that material is hard to replicate http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/dwaster/pizapcom14165289222001.jpg

Cool looking board DWA!

thanks Jordanzs! It's about 3 years old....time for a new one.

14 (edited by jordanzs 07.25.17 15:26)

The VBC has really opened up the eyes of board companies.   Throwback functional board designs are coming back.   If you like the way that the old board ride, you'll have more options soon.

Yo Nick.  A BZ retro just popped for sale on Craigslist in Irvine.   $90.

Thanks for the heads up Jordan!!!!!  I'm going to reach out now!