1 (edited by spunjah02 06.22.17 05:01)

Topic: Puncture on Deck Skin

Howzit! I have a fairly new board and I went out to surf a reef break on a shallow day. I got closed-out on a good size wave. My boards deck skin got punctured from the reef somehow. The cut is a half inch long and a 2 cm wide. It looks like a puncture in an angle into the deck skin to the core. Is water gonna make it's way in and get in between the core and the deck skin even though it's minor? Should I leave it alone or try to seal it?? Any suggestions are appreciated it, pls let me know!

Re: Puncture on Deck Skin

Use hot glue or this:
https://www.ebodyboarding.com/products/sponge-rez

Just make sure the board is dry before repairing.

Hey Jay, Is it possible to make a seal with the tip of a hot glue gun. Like melt the foam to seal it using two strips of that film they use to stamp a board?

I use a combo of holt melt glue, and use the tip of the hot melt glue gun to seal everything together

5 (edited by spunjah02 06.22.17 21:05)

jordanzs wrote:

I use a combo of holt melt glue, and use the tip of the hot melt glue gun to seal everything together

Thank you for your advice! I think this is a good way to seal it. Because it's a fairly new board, I'm trying to avoid using much hot glue or sponge rez. Just a nice clean seal.

You can put wax paper down on the board and run an iron across the puncture.  This is pretty sketchy if you do it wrong though as you could melt a hole in your board.

Jay Reale wrote:

You can put wax paper down on the board and run an iron across the puncture.  This is pretty sketchy if you do it wrong though as you could melt a hole in your board.

I had just got done viewing the vid on the wax paper like an hour ago haha. Is that the one where he puts wax paper on his rails then uses an iron?! I might just attempt to use that method to seal, but with the tip of the hot glue gun. Thank you for your response Jay.