Re: SESSION REPORTS

o man, today is a day to get your ass kicked or go to a sheltered spot!!! ob outer bars are fully breaking and barelling. sf buoy is at 7 ft 19 sec now... its not that big bbr

haha i'll bet bbr knows what he's talking about and you don't

My name is Cookie Ziplock, and I like to slice the achilles tendons of really old people

santa maria buoy is 8,2 at 25 with south winds oh geez this is killing me i shoulda went home again.  im planning on surfing the next 4 days straight down here tho

rookiesusa.com

nah i checked the buoy website....

145 (edited by roo 02.18.05 19:44)

alkjfaldfja;slkfjfucka;slkjfyoua;slkjdf;lasjdfjdannya;lsjkfa;lsdjflbutta;lskjdflkasjf

smart idiot

Went out for a surf this morning at around 10am.  Turned up to see some 3-4 footers with bigger sets from the cyclone swell up north by Samoa/Cook Islands.

Didn't have a fun time because:

a)  it was crowded with about 20-25 guys on one peak
b)  the sets were closing out and breaking way outside.  i got absolutely hammered about 3 times.
c)  i needed to take a dump but was in too much of a hurry cos it was pretty good out there.

Because of those reasons above, i only caught one wave in an hour.  I was having a shitty ol time, pardon the pun, because i needed to drop some bombs.  I waited a good solid hour after paddling outside, then inside over and over again, and when a wave did come there were already 3 people on it.  But when my wave did come, it was pretty sweet.  Reached the shore, pulled down my boardies and laid down an aquaturd in the shallows.

Dropkneers would love this place, its mainly a stand up wave but its good for practicing carves and spins.  The steep drop is fun too, but it gets super crowded.  Goes for about 100m in length.
http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Australia_Pacific/New_Zealand_NI/Coromandel/whakatane_heads/photo/photo40b6f653b073c.jpg

checked all of la hole-a yesterday and the conditions were actually good but it was pretty much flat, ended up getting some pretty shitty yet still fun blacks, today its raining even more

rookiesusa.com

met up with bbr and got some fun ones at ob today. and one horrendous wipeout... hahaa. this weekend is shaping up to be awesome

fuck that right point looks sick tubenet

My name is Cookie Ziplock, and I like to slice the achilles tendons of really old people

there were some fun waves out there this morning but i must have had wave repellent on cuz i was pretty much completely barred.  so frustrating.  hoseph showed some definite charging potential and got the biggest bomb of the day, pretty impressive for a 16 year old kid (?).

ron perlman

I wonder if he charges over Danny B

15 years old

Hell Yes! Our grom can kick danny buttflame's ass all over the beach!! 

Quinn: if you come up tomorrow you can give our token grommie joey some tips and instruction on respect for his elders. (check the ROT board just now)

The wind's onshore right now and the swell is dropping. Lets stay in touch. Dont want you to waste gas.

"I'm pissed, he didn't try to cornhole me when I passed out."
      - Danny, reflecting on his recent NS habitation with JopeyL

ya I'm still trying to decide whether on driving north or south...

Went for another surf at that right hander this morning, so glad i didnt need to take a crap which made my surf much more enjoyable.  Wasn't as big, steep or consistent yesterday but i had heaps of fun.  Got some tips from my brother and mates too, since im friggin useless on rights.

New Jetty, choclate waters infested with branches, foam objects and sorts but still fucking fun 2-18-05

We are 138

hah, no one should ever complain ob is too crowded. no one out this morning with the inner bar at sloat doing its thing. it was pretty fun, i also did a trip to the outerbar and caught a couple of mushburgers. bbr you must have given me that wave repellant yesterday, cause i didnt catch much. o yea, and i met that guy with the yellow board who was out at sloat on saturday. his name is scott and he caught a rediculous amount of waves.

so you old men surfing tommorow? cause i got the day off! woohoo surfing 4 days in a row is a new record....

oh yea, we gotta surf somewhere where the poo factor is low, cause its gonna rain like crazy tonight

guess I better look at ob tomorow. Could hardly get out of bed today after my workathon. Everything hurts. Hopefully I'll get in the water tomorrow. they say tomorrow will be like today only with a lot of rain.

hoseph i actually paddled out at sloat thsi morning to the north of 1st lot... saw your car but didn't see you.... i'll be on it tomorrow it looks promising... howling offshores right now and high tide early means some fun shorey

ron perlman

161 (edited by QuinnCashin 02.20.05 23:20)

yes

north of the first lot? uhh really? cause we were either right infront or slighty north of the first lot the whole time and i never saw another sponger. i didnt even see u pull into the lot. 1st lot as in the main one right with the showers and restroom right?

yeah... i surfed pretty far north fo there from like 10:30-12...
quinn if you're coming up email me at alex@805bbr.com

ron perlman

awesome session today. quinn and brett cruised up and ob inner bars were on in the morning. bbr was a wave catching machine. ncp ruled on the knee. quinn and brett dominated. art didn't go out cause he had a cold. i hit the bottom alot. ahhh i can go to school satisfied...

QuinnCashin wrote:

I wonder if he charges over Danny B

jesus christ

hahha wes sorry i couldn't pass this opportunity up....

http://home.comcast.net/~hoseph/wes_truck.GIF

hahahahah!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

That made me feel better for just a moment, I'm going back to bed now

How was cron art? Did wes surf again? Sammy and Sean went to OB after we left...

pretty fun surfing with a solid crew out there today.  hoseph forgot CK who caught a big left bomb. quinn got some nice barrels and mori did a big air that i missed but wes was claiming pretty hard.  wes thwacked some lips dk.  i surfed like shit for 3 hours, the only waves that would line up for me were rights which i suck on.  still it was good times and hopefully we'll get some more norcal gatherings in the future.

ron perlman

ck was the guy with the red board right? what do his initials stand for?

171 (edited by QuinnCashin 02.21.05 20:02)

Alex dont shortchange yourself I saw you do a invert that looked quite sick from the back...Yeah today was good shit...wish we werent sidetracked by my car tho and got their earlier...

yea for sure it was great meet all u guys... also my confidence is way up after this session

keep it up...

Yeah, Joey is a nug. He rides for the stoke of bodyboarding at an age where, especially living away from beach towns, kids give in to peer and media pressure and want to be standups for the wrong reason(s), even before they have any real basis to even understand the distinction. It takes an independent thinker to get it and Hoseph gets it.

Free thinkers recognize the distinction and make a choice. 99% of the marin kids coming through decide its cooler to be a standup and just fade off in a year or two.

Tom was the last unique grom to pass through my vision in Norcal. A couple of years back he said "I pry still ride better standup." I doubt he'd say that now but what that remark indicates is a conscious decision, nevermind the exact physics or hydrodynamics, that a bodyboard is an equal or superior choice, DESPITE the standup hype.

Accolades to Hoseph. Keep pulling in!! You can try standing up anytime but you're already ahead of the pack.

art wrote:

Yeah, Joey is a nug.

your cold is having adverse affects arthur

rookiesusa.com