Topic: Bodyboarding popularity rebounding?

Does anyone notice more sponges at their local breaks? are board sales going back up? Are we going to see a new rise of the sponge again in 2018?

With groups like VBC on Facebook, and the epic exposure boogies get from wave photog Clark Little, I'm wondering if there will be a rebound in the sport.

2 (edited by mixelplix 11.21.17 10:28)

Re: Bodyboarding popularity rebounding?

Rebound from what? The mid-90s? Haha good one Brain.

It's on par with the popularity of water skiing at this point and it's not ever coming back.

Lol, Boogieboarding is dead in CA. And that VBC group is a kookfest.

Jared Brown is a pussy

The dudes buying the Science Style, BSD board and pat caldwell, keeping them in the wrapper thinking it is going to be worth something haha. No pipe comp, buncha cheeesey old fuckers feeling a tingle in their dick trying to relive memories that never even happened. Shit is dead as fuck.

Part sucka,part wimp,= simp.....all bad news my nigga.

I dunno maybe in 20 years when every surf break in the US is a fucking zoo and everyone wants to be surfer more people will start bodyboarding or take up the sport at bodyboarding spots just to get waves.

Once I start charging again i think their will be a lot of people riding waves regardless of what they ride, lol.

I dont sponge cause its fucking popular.that being said i dont listen to lil uzi vert either.i dont sponge t0 get bitches That i see walking off budlong and manchester..ive got a porsche for that.i sponge cause its fucking awesome,you get better bowls then a stick,and were a tighter community.thats all i give two.l fucks bout

Bodyboarding is the equivalent of rollerblading in socal.