Topic: Mentawais July

Was tentatively scheduled to go back this July on the same charter/company I went on 10 years ago but I looks like a large group cancelled. Wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Camps. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of the different locations (# of waves near camp and transportation to different waves etc) and although I know its a long shot I figured I would ask everyone here.

Re: Mentawais July

Kandui looks pretty rad. the main camp is very expensive but seems worth it if you score.

Part sucka,part wimp,= simp.....all bad news my nigga.

If you're not on a boat yeah you'd either pick kandui/rifels zone or HT/macca/greenbush zone. The latter probably has more options. Boat still feels like the move as you can bust way south if it's on. We for sure got the best waves in the whole chain every day. Wax on the oasis 2011

Agreed Ron. Hoping to hear back on availability at Kandui but it might already be booked. It is by far the most expensive thou.
Thanks Thelimey! I am thinking I do HT's at this point. Pricing seems way more reasonable but I did really want to score Rifles. Was unable to see if there was transportation all the way to Rifles (playgrounds area in general) from HT's. If the winds and swell is right I would definitely pay. I met the Maccas photographer in Panama so hoping to hear back from him on advice as well.

I think rifles is pretty hard to score
Most end up surfing big unpredictable kandui I think