Re: Snow session report

ahhh chair 5 . good memories.

N.U.G.G.

"Surfers make sheep look like independent thinkers" Pat King

IHateSurfingInHB wrote:
noM6forYou wrote:

Your a fucking idiot. Your right there has been some snow. But there is 12-24 inches of base right now. I call that shitty. But maybe by your standards that's good. Also i'm referring to Snow Summit and Mountain High.

this is socal where there's nothing but park.  don't need a big base for them to build good features.  12-24 ain't great, but it's good enough for them to do their thing.

I guess that's true. I do free style also. I just like it when there's some good powder to fill up all the runs. Heck just give me 36-48 inches of base and i'll be good.

Looking for a new board.

Tahoe is hurting for some dumpage right now. Hope the storm cycle opens up at the end of December like last year. Also just learned that due to Squaw Valley purchasing Alpine Meadows, that both resorts will have the same ticket pricing... $92 daily/$96 holiday. Sure there's a shuttle between the 2, but fkna, that's a pretty hefty ticket price if you only plan to ride at Alpine.

Heads up for you guys down in SoCal... if you're a My Mammoth member (free), you can walk up to the ticket window this Friday 12/9 and get a FREE lift ticket. Pretty sure there are no strings attached.   

http://www.mammothmountain.com/Mountain … ;ref=link1

heading up to bear tomorrow and friday. hit me up if your there

I want to go snowboarding... but I figure 3 times snowboarding for me and my chick is basically two tickets to Oahu... damn I wish it wasn't so expensive...

I LOVE HATERS... hahaha

robbiec wrote:

I want to go snowboarding... but I figure 3 times snowboarding for me and my chick is basically two tickets to Oahu... damn I wish it wasn't so expensive...

pretty much man.. everything these days is way expensive..

AZHIAZIAM  I bathe in the hate...

https://instagram.com/ooomarrr/

season pass for me was 500 bucks, but i've already gone 3 times, i'm shooting to hit 20 days before the winter is over plus backcountry...should pay that off

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

robbiec wrote:

Haven't checked this year, but in previous years Snow Valley in Big Bear has had crazy low weekday promotions.  Last year and the year before if you bought tickets online and used local LA/ IE radio station call signs in the promotion box you could get $15 full day tix, and on Tuesdays 2 for $10.  Something to look into for this year if you wanna try to go.  Not to expensive you just do a local day trip, and find ticket deals.

BEAR = Fun today. Doing Red Bull and Demo session as well. Not that crowded and weather was perfect.

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

Every day is a gift, so choose life and live it to it's fullest.

travisfieser wrote:

I'll be up there in the morn. How was it today? I hear redbull plaza opens tomorrow. Can't wait to see how over my head it is.

bust cheeks

JusbncTIN wrote:
travisfieser wrote:

I'll be up there in the morn. How was it today? I hear redbull plaza opens tomorrow. Can't wait to see how over my head it is.

heard its been good the past couple days.
not crowded

i think i might do bear sat and summit sunday if bear is too crowded satuday

i hit summit on thursday and it was empty. didnt have to wait for a single lift all day. opened up westridge around 9:30 wish was sick to have practically to ourselves. went to bear later that day and was crowded compared to summit.

friday hit summit in the morning then bear around 12:30 and the snow was completely fucked. wish i would of got to bear earlier. but the park at bear is was better then summit. all around fun trip. got two days of use out of my season pass already. so im stoked on that.

heading up this friday forsure. suppose to snow on tuesday from what ive heard.

Loved Westridge back in the day.   Mid 90's to around 03' Westridge was the best park ever.  Had something for everyone, room to make good lines, and the flow was perfect.  Wish they would step it back up to where it was now that Analog has been sponsoring it the past few years.  Still fun to ride now though, since you can get away from the Bear crowds.  That place is getting too crowded and they just throw features everywhere making it worse.  Everyone is just going everywhere trying to hit everything.  On top of that since it's the cool place now there's a lot of couple times a year riders who can barely get down the mountain getting in the way.

i love westridge

51 (edited by frothy 12.11.11 23:20)

IHateSurfingInHB wrote:

Loved Westridge back in the day.   Mid 90's to around 03' Westridge was the best park ever.  Had something for everyone, room to make good lines, and the flow was perfect.  Wish they would step it back up to where it was now that Analog has been sponsoring it the past few years.  Still fun to ride now though, since you can get away from the Bear crowds.  That place is getting too crowded and they just throw features everywhere making it worse.  Everyone is just going everywhere trying to hit everything.  On top of that since it's the cool place now there's a lot of couple times a year riders who can barely get down the mountain getting in the way.

do you not want people to hit features in the park or something?

EDIT: anyone been to mt high this season? my friends got a couple free tix so we're headed up tomorrow

haha... nah... what I'm saying is that by the time mid season comes around and everyone is out in full force there's no room a bear.  Got people going everywhere trying to hit every little feature cause they got so many different lines and it jacks the flow.  Gotta stop and wait for people a lot, or people are getting in the way cause they're sitting on a landing or something.  More of a crowded skatepark feel than a flowy snowboard park.  Some people dig that style, but personally I usually end up going over to Westridge when the crowds kick in.

53 (edited by noM6forYou 12.12.11 12:41)

Frothy isn't it ironic that you were just talking crap on mountain high now your going. Hey at least now there will be some decent snow. I also loved westridge. They did have some really fun features about 4 years ago the last time I was up there. Some good ramps and fun rails.

I'm probably going to hit it up next week. Just gotta buy a new board and find my jacket. What kind of boards are you guys riding?

I just looked and westridge hasn't opened yet. It says it's next to open. Probably after this storm i'm guessing.

Looking for a new board.

i was just up there and they had all of the upper park trails open. including westridge last thursday, friday did not have the bottom westridge trail that meets up with the all mountain express lift.
im on a 158 burton blunt with ride bindings

Finally came in,
11' Cartels
12' Lib Tech T. Rice C2BTX 157

http://i.imgur.com/NVjTo.jpg

Carl, So good to see you!

in love^

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

12' Venture Storm 162cm/ Spark Blaze bindings/ G3 Skins.  Gonna be out this weekend touring around and breaking her in up at either San Gorgonio or San Jacinto.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/svt1474/IMG_0627.jpg

"Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend."

god damn, take some pics wherever you go!

just got back from bear. hit up summit sat/sun. super fun, not crowded at all
it was snowing a lot this morning, kinda bummed we couldnt stay another day

noM6forYou wrote:

Frothy isn't it ironic that you were just talking crap on mountain high now your going. Hey at least now there will be some decent snow. I also loved westridge. They did have some really fun features about 4 years ago the last time I was up there. Some good ramps and fun rails.

I'm probably going to hit it up next week. Just gotta buy a new board and find my jacket. What kind of boards are you guys riding?

I just looked and westridge hasn't opened yet. It says it's next to open. Probably after this storm i'm guessing.

isnt it ironic that you cant comprehend the difference between going somewhere for FREE and paying to go there?

fuck man, i had a great ass time today, powder was in full effect, im sure at least 8 in drops by tonight. even at high.

but coming home and seeing my board totally demolished/cracked was a bit unsettling.

cheers for having a quiver.... and for taking a shot at Arbor's warranty policy

I ended up getting a burton custom. For a pretty good deal. Going to test it out this friday. Mountains looked covered in snow this morning.

Looking for a new board.

SOLphoto wrote:

12' Venture Storm 162cm/ Spark Blaze bindings/ G3 Skins.  Gonna be out this weekend touring around and breaking her in up at either San Gorgonio or San Jacinto.

Nice! Definitely take some shots. Still gotta get on the split boat myself.

stupid idiot

going up tomorrow

wednesday @ bear was like a fucking weekend, holy shit, everybody mobbed for just a wee bit of a storm on mon and tues.
but, all the crowds dipped that day which meant today was awesome. snow got way too choppy around 2 though, despite the good weather

travisfieser wrote:

i love westridge

Westridge is my favorite spot in so. cal!!!

100% coverage and all runs open ughhhhhhhh gettin blunted like bradshaw

kevan_ wrote:

the nutty bradshaw

frothy wrote:
kevan_ wrote:

the nutty bradshaw

BEASTIN'... HAHA

69 (edited by redeyejedi 12.19.11 14:10)

quite fun at bear sunday, 4-6 freshies, not too crowded, relatively low douchebasket count.

http://i.imgur.com/I76MK.jpg
taken by galaxys2

ib_brian wrote:
travisfieser wrote:

i love westridge

Westridge is my favorite spot in so. cal!!!

yup. hopefully i will make it up there thursday.

N.U.G.G.

"Surfers make sheep look like independent thinkers" Pat King