Topic: Snow session report

Since this shouldn't exactly go under "session reports" and so many guys on here enjoy frolicking in the fluffy white stuff...

http://www.skihood.com/PhotoCache/6364755185.jpg

opening day mt. hood...was fucking insane!!

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

Re: Snow session report

I love your life.

ahhh nice!

Rode bear the last two days. Very fun set up. need snow however. But it was fun. Crowds have not been that bad either so its kinda nice.

tipple wrote:

I love your life.

yaaaa rudolph, wanna come visit?  your brother is going to come up this winter.

"Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign."  - Camel getting all sentimental

Joops wrote:
tipple wrote:

I love your life.

You living up there?

damn im jealous. i really wanna get into snowboarding this year, got especially hyped on snowboarding a few weekends ago up in big bear at my buddies new cabin for the season. just so damn expensive to do it legit.

what good fun

Joops wrote:
tipple wrote:

I love your life.

You had me at wanna.

IHateSurfingInHB wrote:
Joops wrote:
tipple wrote:

I love your life.

You living up there?

yep, sponge days are numbered...left half my gear at home so i'll be back as soon as there's a good winter swell, until then, snowboarding it is.  gonna explore a lot of the nw this year, pass to meadows, want to get to crystal in WA, bachelor, the Wallowas, idaho, and maybe up to BC, possibly southern OR as well (mt. bailey backcountry), if anyone comes up to portland let me know. also going to try to get to the coast a few times and find some surf

tipple wrote:
Joops wrote:
tipple wrote:

I love your life.

You had me at wanna.

<3

just got back from bear a couple hours ago was good this morning powdery sun was out and everythin then left around 3 and started snowin like no other

jibbin for a livin BRAH!  did you get blunted like BRADSHAW BRAH so fucking SICKBYRD

sick!!  I'll be in Mammoth this weekend, stoked to finally get some turns in!  Your winter sounds like it's gonna be awesome.

Carl, So good to see you!

http://www.skihood.com/PhotoCache/6370046525.jpg

for any skiers
http://www.skihood.com/PhotoCache/6366854119.jpg

^nice shots.  I'm guessing you won't be getting much surf this winter, eh joops?

probably not...going to make it down to SD a couple times, left all my gear at a buddies house so if there's swell i'll be on it.  might bring my shit up here too though.

also, those shots, credit to mt. hood meadows staff* I'll bring my camera up in the next few sessions.

Stoked to see you guys getting out and making some lines.  Got my new splitboard setup just sitting in my room begging me to take her out.  Any of you guys that boarded Big Bear this weekend drive the 38 and get a look at San Gorgonio?  Wondering how the snow looks up top and if its worth a trip up yet.

"Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend."

Joops wrote:

probably not...going to make it down to SD a couple times, left all my gear at a buddies house so if there's swell i'll be on it.  might bring my shit up here too though.

also, those shots, credit to mt. hood meadows staff* I'll bring my camera up in the next few sessions.

if you haven't already done so, you might try peeping this forum:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show … Hood/page5

could help out for some backcountry conditions reports.  I'm not a member on there, but I lurk on the Tahoe conditions thread or wherever I might be heading to.

Fuckin a!  Thanks man, I'll be lurking that one for sure.  I also just got this book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1594855161/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

that should help a bit. 

I've got a few friends that are avy certified as well and really know their shit about snow pack and stuff so that'll help rest my mind a bit.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379804_10151004999625364_652510363_21735811_668943771_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390589_10151005000230364_652510363_21735817_1483877003_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390161_10151005000425364_652510363_21735819_345301952_n.jpg

Hood's been pretty fun the last few weekends, spring skiing conditions yesterday. 

Looks like Bear got dumped on Friday/yesterday, anyone go?

Was up in Bear Fri and Sat. Super fun but it got crowded and tore up pretty quick since only a few lifts were open.

bust cheeks

just purchased a mid week dual mountian pass for $250. yew

Just bought this beast
http://www.snowboarding.com/equipment/images/Lib-Technologies-TRice-Pro-Model-C2BTX-Blunt-Snowboard-Large.jpg

^i have boner

fuck this thread makes me want to go snowboarding. The local mountains have sucked so far this season. Hopefully they can make some snow with these cold over night lows.

Looking for a new board.

26 (edited by nachooo 12.04.11 22:22)

Joops wrote:

^i have boner

I can't wait to ride it!  The board, not your boner. hahaha

noM6forYou wrote:

fuck this thread makes me want to go snowboarding. The local mountains have sucked so far this season. Hopefully they can make some snow with these cold over night lows.

You're a stupid fuck, check some the "local mountains'" websites and you'd know they got 16 inches natural on Thursday night and hve been blowing snow day and night since. So if you're in SD and referring to bear, you've been severely misinformed

28 (edited by noM6forYou 12.04.11 22:59)

Your a fucking idiot. Your right there has been some snow. But there is 12-24 inches of base right now. I call that shitty. But maybe by your standards that's good. Also i'm referring to Snow Summit and Mountain High.

Looking for a new board.

patiently waiting for baldy....

travisfieser wrote:

fuck, thats not bad. i think it goes up after the 4th. i shoulda got one!

I rode bear the last two days. Conditions were super fun. Very very cold, saturday it was hovering around 15 at the top and and near 20 at the base. Talked to the park staff and they explained that a lot of work was going to be done this week now they they have snow. they advised that there focus was getting more runs open at this time versus more features on the hill. still cant complain. had an great time. snow was really good, and really fast.

casey wrote:
travisfieser wrote:

fuck, thats not bad. i think it goes up after the 4th. i shoulda got one!

yeah, not bad at all man. thats why i bought it yesterday. young adults(ages 16-21) for mid week are $299 now though.

noM6forYou wrote:

Your a fucking idiot. Your right there has been some snow. But there is 12-24 inches of base right now. I call that shitty. But maybe by your standards that's good. Also i'm referring to Snow Summit and Mountain High.

this is socal where there's nothing but park.  don't need a big base for them to build good features.  12-24 ain't great, but it's good enough for them to do their thing.

going up to bear this weekend. hopefully they get some snowmaking in

35 (edited by frothy 12.05.11 23:59)

noM6forYou wrote:

lol mountain high, ill say no more.

EDIT: was at bear yesterday and today. nothing beats midweek for fun in the park. even sunday was full of heads, glad they opened up Chair 5 though, the jib pipe is pretty sweet